Write for Clinical Lab Advisor as a Guest Author
Thanks for your interest in guest blogging for Clinical Lab Advisor! We’re focused on making the world’s top clinical lab expertise accessible to all. Giving lab professionals and consultants a platform to share their experience and knowledge is fundamental to our mission.
Clinical Lab Advisor invites all of our advisors to guest post on our blog.
Guest blogging (also called guest posting) allows advisors to submit blog posts to the Clinical Lab Advisor blog without the need to start their own blog or do any web design. Advisors simply submit their blog post to CLA and we take care of the rest.
Why blog for Clinical Lab Advisor?
There are a number of benefits to blogging for CLA.
1. Establish your thought leadership.
Writing for Clinical Lab Advisor will allow you to be featured on our website and social media feeds, and potentially be picked up by other websites. As an advisor, this gives you the unique opportunity to establish your expertise and write something helpful for the community.
2. Increase traffic for your consulting business.
As an advisor, guest blogging with CLA will not only establish your credibility and thought leadership, it will also generate buzz and traffic to your profile on the Clinical Lab Advisor platform. Every guest blog post ends with your professional headshot and a direct link to your CLA profile. Review some of our existing posts to see how this works. Interested readers will have the opportunity to share your post with colleagues or immediately book a consulting call with you to answer questions germane to the blog content.
3. Help your colleagues.
Finally, blogging on an area with which you have deep expertise will bring a lot of value to your colleagues. Whether it’s a list of “Quick Tips,” a “Checklist”, or your perspective on new technology or regulation, sharing your expert opinion can be helpful for your colleagues and the laboratory community.
How do we help?
In addition to providing the platform and syndication for your blog content, Clinical Lab Advisor will also help you format the blog for optimal viewing, provide some basic copyediting, and add the visual elements required for posting. All of these value-add services are done at no cost to our advisors.
What you should write about?
Although we love science, we’re not an academic blog. Our blog focuses heavily on practical assistance for lab professionals. Method development, buyer’s guides, quick tips, career advice, training, technology assessments, vendor reviews, and so on will fare well with our audience. Fundamentally, we want the content to be applicable and helpful for the clinical lab community.
Guidelines for submission
We appreciate posts that:
- Provide readers with actionable tips, tools, and valuable strategies.
- Give readers advice that they can put to work immediately.
- Keep your articles professional and respectful.
- Ensure your content is accurate and balanced.
We do NOT accept:
- Previously published content, so please submit your own original work.
- Promotional posts for your company or organization.
- Anything that’s offensive or inaccurate.
- Anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies — this is not a site to air grievances.
Format your Submission
Blog posts should:
- Range between 750 and 2,500 words.
- Include a suggested title and subhead
- Have an introduction or brief description
- Have a conclusion or list of takeaways.
- Use subheadings, lists, images, and short paragraphs to break up chunks of text.
- Use links to support your statements or any data you use in the articles.
- Include, where possible, visual aids like diagrams or charts.
What happens after you submit your blog article?
After you submit your blog post to Clinical Lab Advisor, we will review it and respond within a couple of weeks. Not all submissions will be approved for the CLA blog. Regardless, we will contact you after our review to notify you whether your specific blog post will be featured on our site.
If you have any questions, please address them to [email protected]
Clinical Lab Advisor reserves the right to include calls-to-action to CLA content, including but not limited to email newsletters, ebooks, and other downloadable content.
Become a CLA Guest Blogger
If you’d like to apply to be a guest blogger for Clinical Lab Advisor, please fill out the form below: